I am in the process of painting our upstairs bathroom a lovely plum on the bottom half of the wall and cream on the top half. Earlier this evening I was preparing to paint the top half by taking off the light switch cover. When I did so I saw some dust bunnies in the box and thought I could scrape those out. What was in my hand to scrape them out with? The screwdriver I had just used to take the cover off with of course, and when I placed the tip of the screwdriver next to the light-switch to remove the dust there was an instantaneous spark. A very large spark accompanied by a crackling noise and the light went out. My reaction was to throw the screwdriver out into the hall, but my reaction time was slower than the electricity. I was emotionally shocked, but totally unharmed. I didn't feel a thing. I wondered how I had avoided being electrocuted. When I picked up the screwdriver there were two holes burned in either side of the tip from the electricity. The handle was plastic and had insulated me. How grateful I am that I wasn't touching the metal at all.
Needless to say I am quite sure my guardian angels are watching over me!